A homemade cranberry pecan and honey glaze is basted on this ham while cooking for maximum flavor, then the ham is served with a delicious cranberry relish. The cranberry relish may be prepared up to a week in advance to save you time in the kitchen on sp
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 Cook's® brand Bone-in Spiral Sliced Ham, Butt or Shank Portion Ham, or Half Ham
- 1/2 cup honey, cranberry honey preferred
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Prepare and heat ham according to package directions.
Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Mix honey with dry mustard and lemon juice in bowl; set aside.
For the relish, combine crushed pineapple with orange juice in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat; cook to reduce juices 5 minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add water; return mixture to boil. Stir in orange and lemon zest, and cranberries. Cover pan; simmer over low heat 5 minutes to plump cranberries. Remove pan from heat and stir in pecans. Set relish aside to cool. (Relish may be prepared up to one week before serving. Store in refrigerator in tightly covered container.)
Brush glaze on your Cook's ham 30 minutes before meat is done. Heat ham uncovered for final 30 minutes. Carve ham and serve with cranberry relish.