A friend gave me this recipe many years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. Serve over rice and add salad and bread for a hearty meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (.75 ounce) package dry brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the pork chunks in the oil for about 15 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Add the gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder.
Mix well, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and pork is near done. Add the onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper and simmer for 15 more minutes or until all vegetables are tender.