This tasty crab and shrimp appetizer is simple to prepare and sinfully delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 12 jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, flaked
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
Slice shrimp down the back as deep as you can without cutting through, to make a nice opening for stuffing. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, chili sauce, horseradish, hot pepper sauce and capers. Mix in enough of the cream cheese to form a sticky paste.
Stuff the openings of each shrimp with about 1 tablespoon of the crab salad. Sprinkle paprika over the top. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.