Hot crab dip served in a round bread bowl. This dish is great for parties!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the cream cheese, milk, mayonnaise, horseradish, crab meat and Old Bay Seasoning ™. Mix until creamy. Spread mixture into an 8x12 inch baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping.
Remove mixture from oven and spoon into hollowed bread. Cover the top with the shredded cheese and more seasoning. Place the bread bowl on a medium baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with bread pieces on the side.