I adore curry and thought that this aromatic spice would be a natural with tuna. My family thinks that I was right and ask for these tuna-melts often. Easy and very tasty. To keep this recipe on the light side, use non-fat mayo and low-fat cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- 2 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 4 thin slices Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven's broiler.
In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Spoon equal amounts onto each English muffin half, and top with a slice of cheese. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet.
Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and toasty. Serve hot.