This is a recipe that takes a kid friendly hot dog dinner and transforms it into a casserole. Macaroni and cheese is prepared, then mixed with more cheese, sliced hot dogs, peas, onions, and tomato and celery soups. It's often requested around the neighbo
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (14 ounce) packages dry macaroni and cheese
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frankfurters, sliced
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, prepare macaroni and cheese according to instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
Stir in the cubed cheese, frankfurters, peas, onion, condensed tomato soup and condensed celery soup. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.