Spinach, egg noodles and a creamy hot dog mixture is topped with peas and crumbled bacon. What a casserole! This is a recipe I received in German class 24 years ago. It looks unusual, but it is very delicious. I don't know where the teacher found the reci
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound hot dogs, sliced into circles
- 1 pound frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
Prepare spinach according to package directions. Drain and spread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and place on top of spinach in baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the soup, milk, sour cream and hot dogs. Mix together and place mixture on top of noodles.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with peas and bacon and heat in oven until peas are just hot.