Combining hot dogs, lean ground beef, baked beans, Cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning in a flaky deep-dish pie crust, this savory sensation will be a real hit with the family.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 hot dogs , cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 slices processed American cheese
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake empty pie shell for 10 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned, stirring occasionally to crumble; drain fat. Stir in hot dogs, beans, ketchup, mustard, taco seasoning, and cheese cubes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Spread beef mixture into baked pie shell. Cut American cheese slices into strips, and make a lattice on top of pie.
Bake for 5 to 10 minute, or until cheese is slightly melted.