Enjoy cut up hot dogs in this wildly flavored sauce! Your guests will be barking for more! Serve with toothpicks.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the onion in vegetable oil until soft. Mix in the ketchup, sweet pickle relish, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Simmer until ready to serve.