My mother, Marea Mooney, made this soup for her six children. It is a warm and filling mixture of potatoes, green beans and frankfurters that's easy to make and perfect for a cold winter day. Adjust ingredients to taste. We all love it; hope you do, too!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package beef frankfurters, cut into bite size pieces
Place the onion and margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir until the onion is soft. Mix in the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and mix in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, green beans and frankfurters. Simmer 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.