These satisfying sandwiches have a delicious hearty filling. They're simple to prepare and great for a gathering, too.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, onion and Swiss cheese
- 6 hoagie or submarine buns, split
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Place lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese on buns; top with ham mixture.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.