A medley of creamy ingredients that you'd never think to combine--like apricot preserves, horseradish, mustard, and cream cheese--turn pleasantly sweet and peppery in this quick cracker spread.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
In a medium-size bowl, combine apricot preserves, horseradish, mustard and black pepper. Taste the mixture and add more horseradish, mustard, and pepper to taste. Cover and chill this mixture overnight.
When ready to serve, place the cream cheese on a serving plate and pour the apricot mixture over the cream cheese. Serve with a basket of your favorite crackers.