Tortilla chips form the crust for this bell pepper, onion, creamy soup, hot sauce and Mexican cheese casserole. This dish isn't as hot as it appears......serve with extra chips on the side for an entire meal!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (13.5 ounce) package nacho-flavor tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can hot enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Spread the crushed chips in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish to form crust. Layer shredded chicken on top. In a small bowl mix together the yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and tomatoes and spread this mixture on top of chicken. In a separate bowl mix together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, enchilada sauce and water. Pour this mixture over all and top with cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.