This spicy sausage dip is great with tortilla chips or crackers. It's so thick and tasty, it could be a meal in itself!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
Place pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
Drain sausage and stir in onions. Cook until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in diced tomatoes with green chile peppers. Stirring occasionally, allow the mixture to simmer approximately 15 minutes.
Blend cream cheese and sour cream into the sausage mixture. Season with crushed red pepper.