This spicy hot dish is bursting with variously colored peppers, sausage, potatoes, and - most of all - flavor! It's a meal in itself, but is even better served with bread or rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large, deep skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage in the beer until evenly browned. Drain, and set aside.
In a large baking dish, mix sausage, potatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, sweet onion, red onion, jalapeno pepper, habanero pepper, red chile pepper, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken broth.
Cover, and bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until all vegetables are tender.