I came up with this when I wanted something to snack on that was tangy, cheesy, and had shrimp in it. Serve it on toasted crusty bread - easy and delicious!!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay TM seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Chop the shrimp into small pieces. In an 8x8 inch baking dish, combine shrimp, yellow onion, bell pepper, garlic, mayonnaise, vegetable oil, Old Bay ™ seasoning, black pepper, salt, and 3/4 cup of cheese. Mix well, use reserved 1/4 cup cheese to cover the top in an even layer.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.