Crab, artichoke hearts, tomato, cheddar cheese, green onions, and mayonnaise spread on baguettes and broiled to a golden brown. Works well with shrimp meat instead of crab.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 pound crabmeat
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 baguette
Preheat oven on broiler setting.
In a large bowl, place crabmeat, artichoke hearts, black olives, green onions, tomato, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
Using a serrated knife, cut the baguette into 4 pieces, then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Spoon crab mixture onto baguette halves.
Broil in the oven, on the lowest rack, until cheese is melted and top is starting to brown.