For this Asian-style salad, honey-roasted turkey breast, snow peas and bean sprouts are dressed with a gingery peanut sauce. This chilled, spicy dish makes a great summer lunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese hot prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 pound honey roasted turkey breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
To Make Peanut Sauce Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, mustard and ginger. Mix all together and set aside.
In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil; add onions and snow peas and boil for 1 minute. Rinse and drain thoroughly. Let cool.
In a large bowl combine the onions, peas, turkey, bean sprouts and peanuts. Stir all together, then gently fold in peanut sauce dressing. Sprinkle with red flakes, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.