I live here in Budapest as a missionary and these coconut balls are so good they are in almost every little cake store in the city. If you'd rather, you can substitute rum for the rum extract.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rum flavored extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
Put raisins together with rum extract and lemon juice to soak up the flavor.
In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, confectioners sugar, and cocoa. Stir in 1 1/4 cup coconut, the raisin mixture and lemon zest.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Roll the balls in remaining coconut. Refrigerate for two days. ENJOY!