New potatoes, smoked sausage and spaghetti sauce are seasoned with paprika in this easy stew.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 large unpeeled new potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar tomato, onion and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup water
In a large pot over medium heat cook potatoes in butter with garlic, stirring frequently, not allowing garlic to burn. Stir in onion, bell pepper, sausage, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, paprika and water. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.