These cookies are flavored with tea and vanilla, baked and then topped off with a sugary vanilla scented glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons NESTEA® Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe glaze, (as follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
BEAT butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in Nestea, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour. Drop by heaping teaspoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden around edges and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 to 4 minutes; remove to wire racks. Brush with glaze; cool completely.
COMBINE 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons hot water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; stir until smooth.