Pumpkin puree is mixed with evaporated milk, eggs, spices, and flour in this pie which makes it 's own crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan, and set aside.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and nutmeg.
In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter and eggs. Mix in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla. Add the sifted ingredients, and beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.