This is one of the 'impossibles' that we all love. A pumpkin pie that makes its own crust!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
In a large bowl, combine sugar and baking mix. Stir in butter, milk and eggs. Then beat in pumpkin, spice and vanilla to mixture until smooth. Pour into pie pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate any remaining pie. High altitude directions: Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes.