Unexpected Indian flavorings take this favorite to an appealing new place. Eat with pita chips, bread, or carrot sticks.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, in small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 small tomato, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add jalapeno, ginger, turmeric and cayenne; saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add eggs, stirring constantly to blend flavors, about 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in tomato, cilantro, and salt. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Find more recipes, hints and tips from USA WEEKEND.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.