Ground lamb is seasoned with fresh mint and cilantro, and ginger and green chili paste, and made into delicious shish kabobs. Serve with lime wedges, mint chutney, and sliced, sweet Vidalia onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chile paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
In a large bowl, mix ground lamb, onions, mint, cilantro, ginger paste, and chile paste. Season with cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Mold handfuls of the lamb mixture, about 1 cup, to form sausages around skewers. Make sure the meat is spread to an even thickness. Refrigerate until you are ready to grill.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Brush grate liberally with oil, and arrange kabobs on grill. Cook for 10 minutes, or until well done, turning as needed to brown evenly.