These velvety smooth pumpkin custard cups are a stunning tribute to fall. Top with a little fat-free whipped topping for a guilt-free indulgence.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup fructose or sucralose
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Fat-free whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly spray 8 4-ounce ramekins with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs and egg whites. Add the pumpkin and mix well. Blend in the fructose or sucralose, salt, cinnamon, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Fill each ramekin with 1/2 cup mixture. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and add enough warm water to come 2/3 of the way up the cups.
Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean. Remove from oven. Serve warm or room temperature and top with fat-free whipped topping, if desired.
This recipe is optimal for Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet.