For a South-East Asian treat, try these grilled pork skewers, marinated in a spicy tropical peanut sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 cup roasted, salted Spanish peanuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
In a food processor, process garlic, green onions, ginger, peanuts, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Puree until almost smooth. Pour in broth and butter, and mix again.
Place pork cubes in a large resealable plastic bag, and pour mixture over meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight.
Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove pork cubes from bag, and thread onto skewers. In a small saucepan, boil the marinade for 5 minutes. Reserve a small amount of the marinade for basting, and set the remainder aside to serve as a dipping sauce.
Lightly oil preheated grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until well browned, turning and brushing frequently with cooked marinade. Serve with dipping sauce.