My family loves this spaghetti sauce. I know once you view the ingredients you will say, 'Chicken bouillon and chicken seasoning?' Yup! Trust me, you will enjoy this recipe. The secret to making spaghetti sauce is to let it simmer.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (.18 ounce) packet chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, or as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Mix in onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in the green bell pepper. Season with basil, oregano, and chicken bouillon. Stir in the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, and season with poultry seasoning. Cook and stir 10 minutes.
Mix sugar into the sauce. (Some people add up to 2 tablespoons sugar; I suggest starting with 1 teaspoon.) Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 to 4 hours.