This is a really great tomato chutney recipe that you can whip up in no time using your microwave.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 dried red chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
In a microwave-safe dish, combine the tomatoes, mustard powder, turmeric, garlic, fenugreek, chilies, salt, oil and chili powder. Cook on high power for 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are hot and wilted. Remove the garlic cloves and dried chilies, mix well and serve.