Pork steaks are made tender and succulent by slow-roasting in mushroom sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork steaks
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steaks for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. While browning, season both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Transfer steaks to a 9x13 inch casserole dish, and sprinkle with chopped onion and sliced mushrooms.
In a small bowl, combine condensed mushroom soup, water, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until smooth, and pour over steaks. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes.