A cute little confection that looks just like little potatoes. This kind does not contain potatoes; they are made using cream cheese and coconut.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon. Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.