There 's no yeast to contend with in this recipe, but plenty of flavor with sun-dried tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, onion, garlic and herbs all folded in.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
Whisk together the oil, egg, and buttermilk in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, and dried herbs. Stir in cheese and onions. Pour buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, and stir to combine. Add garlic and tomatoes until evenly distributed. Spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth top, and tap pan on counter to remove bubbles.
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until golden. Cool loaf on wire rack.