If you are looking for a Italian bread dip, try this. It makes a spectacular bread dip, suitable for any occasion. Double or triple the recipe to make enough for a crowd. Serve with warm French bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Using a spice or coffee grinder, grind together red and black peppers, dried herbs, garlic powder, minced garlic, and salt.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of herb mixture onto a small plate. Pour a thin layer of olive oil on top, and serve. Store remaining mixture in an air-tight container.