A home-style casserole with wide egg noodles and tomatoes, topped with process cheese slices.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package process sharp cheddar cheese singles
In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, parsley, garlic salt and pepper, and simmer over low heat for 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine noodles and meat mixture. Top with cheese slices and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.