Enjoy the gourmet flavors of herbs and grilled vegetables, combined with Chevre cheese in this incredible sandwich.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 baby or Italian eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 chayote or mirliton squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium portobello mushroom, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rounds*
- 1 (12 inch) prebaked Italian pizza crust, cut in half
- Chevre or goat cheese
- Fresh arugula, rinsed and drained
Mix together olive oil and next 5 ingredients. Set aside.
Place vegetables on a tray or baking sheet. Lightly brush vegetables with herb mixture. Place vegetables on grill over medium-high heat. Grill or broil 5-10 minutes. Turn vegetables occasionally, brushing with any reserved herb mixture. Remove vegetables from grill when done and keep warm.
Evenly spread cheese and layer arugula over both pizza crust halves. Build sandwich with layers of grilled vegetables on one pizza crust half. Place remaining pizza crust half on top. Cut sandwich into 2-inch wedges before serving.
* Skewer the onion rounds with wooden toothpicks to secure them while turning on the grill. Remove toothpicks after cooking.