Ground pork, sausage, rosemary, bread crumbs, parsley and onion are combined, arranged in a pastry shell and sprinkled with grated cheese. The top crust is fitted on, the edges crimped, and this savory pie is baked for an hour. This pie will go well with
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 (3.5 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large onion, grated
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
Roll out dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate.
Place ground pork, rosemary, bread crumbs, parsley, and onion in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended. Remove casings from sausage, and crumble into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese into the bottom of pie shell. Spread pork mixture on top of cheese, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Place top crust over filling, and crimp the edges together.
Bake at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.