Fresh sage, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, and cream give this pork tenderloin dish its rich flavor. It's absolutely wonderful and simple! Chopped ham can be used if prosciutto is unavailable.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the prosciutto, sage, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and onion 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Mix the pork strips into the skillet, and brown about 10 minutes, turning once.
Stir the broth and heavy cream into the skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork reaches a minimum temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) and sauce is thickened.