This vegetable-filled strata employs bread, cheese, milk, pumpkin and eggs to create a moist and delicious casserole you can cut into squares or wedges and serve with a platter of fresh fruit for a smashing brunch!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, bell peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring to break up sausage, for 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
COMBINE bread cubes, cheese and sausage mixture in large bowl. Beat evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and marjoram in medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture, pressing bread into milk mixture. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm.