Tender beef, seasoned with oregano, basil and garlic then boiled in beef bouillon. Can also add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to herb mixture.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 pounds rump roast
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Pour water into a large kettle, and add bouillon cubes.
Mix together the salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes on a large plate. Rub roast with 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Roll roast in seasoning mixture until well coated. Place the roast in the kettle along with any left over seasoning mixture and oil.
Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer approximately 3 1/2 hours. Meat should be tender and well done.