Italian sausage is stir-fried with peppers and mushrooms then served over pasta with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. My husband who loves Italian dishes was getting bored with the same ones, so I made this one day for dinner and the whole family
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 (3.5 ounce) links hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add penne pasta, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Place the Italian sausage links in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally until firm and cooked through.
In a separate larger skillet, combine the red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and Italian dressing. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Slice the Italian sausages into rounds, and stir into the vegetables. Continue to cook and stir for another 5 minutes.
To serve, place servings of pasta onto plates. Top with the sausage and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.