Custom-blend herbs and spices to make your own Italian sausage! Try this earthy mix of black pepper and fiery red pepper, anise seeds, paprika, onion flakes, garlic powder, salt and Italian-style seasoning.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed anise seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
In a small bowl, combine the ground black pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, anise, paprika, minced onion flakes and salt; mix well.
Place pork in a separate large bowl and add the spice mix to it. Mix this thoroughly with your hands.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the seasoned pork for 10 minutes, or until well browned and crumbly.