Italian Vegetable Creamy Fettuccine is full of tender broccoli and other garden treats. Try this satisfying dish for a change from meat and pasta combinations.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- dried fettuccine, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
HEAT olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, celery, onion, garlic and basil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese and pepper; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
COMBINE cornstarch and small amount of broth in small bowl; add to skillet. Gradually stir in remaining broth, bell pepper and peas. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.