A vegan main dish soup that is hearty and tastes great with crusty bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 stalk celery, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 small zucchinis, cubed
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring broth, tomatoes, carrots, frozen green beans, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, basil, bay leaf and vegetable bouillon cube to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in macaroni, kidney beans, and zucchini. Bring soup back to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and serve.