A gently seasoned mushroom-Cognac sauce is an elegant way to present chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brandy
Cut chicken breast into 1 inch strips. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, rosemary and seasoned salt. In a small skillet brown chicken strips in hot oil. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add mushrooms to skillet and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over medium high heat. When mushrooms appear slightly browned, add heavy cream and cognac, STIRRING CONSTANTLY so that cream does not curdle.
Reduce sauce until desired consistency is reached. Add chicken strips to skillet, stirring so that they are coated with sauce. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.