This is a very lovely, very sophisticated jelly to have on hand for the holidays, as well as for unexpected visitors. Enjoy this with crackers and soft cream cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
- 5 drops green food coloring
In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium high heat. Stir frequently until mixture begins to boil.
Stir in pectin; boil 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and mix in food coloring. Skim off foam, and remove from heat.
Ladle into sterilized jars. Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.