In Jamaica, the jerk method of food preparation involves seasoning meat with a sweet-hot secret mixture of peppers, tropical spices like cinnamon and allspice, rosemary and other savory herbs then slow grilling or roasting. This specially created spice bl
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- chopped green onions
In a self-closing plastic bag, combine flour and Jamaican jerk seasoning. Add chops, 2 at a time; shake to coat. Reserve flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat; remove from skillet. Stir in reserved flour mixture, brown sugar and vinegar; bring to a boil. Stir in pineapple, bell pepper and beans.
Return chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chops are done. Garnish with chopped green onions.