An easy homemade Jerk sauce of soy, lime, orange juice and lots of sweet-hot spices makes a mouthwatering pre-barbecue marinade for chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
Combine green onions, orange juice, ginger, hot pepper, lemon or lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, allspice, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken, and marinate for 8 hours.
Prepare barbecue, medium heat. Cook chicken, and drizzle with left over marinade that has been boiled for 2 to 3 minutes.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.