A nice, spicy green salad, made by tossing red leaf lettuce with ripe tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and spicy peppers.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 head red leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced into rings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce with jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, Anaheim pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Serve.