Toast topped with a delightful mayonnaise and cheese mixture, with a taste of lemon pepper! It's easy to do ahead, and delectable.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 (1 pound) loaf sliced pumpernickel party bread
- lemon pepper to taste
Preheat your oven's broiler.
In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, onion, cheddar, crabmeat, mustard, and garlic powder.
Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each slice. Sprinkle the bread slice liberally with lemon pepper spice (this is the key ingredient, so don't be shy with the spice!).
Broil for less than two minutes.