Explore the Asian noodle-bowl phenomenon with this easy-to-prepare variation.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 8 cups fat-free beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 8 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into 2x1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked soba (buckwheat noodles) or angel hair pasta (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
Beat egg whites and egg at medium speed of a mixer 1 minute; set aside.
Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add beef and onions, and simmer 1 minute. Add egg mixture without stirring; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and gently stir. Place 1 cup of noodles in each of 4 large soup bowls, and add 2 cups of beef mixture and 1/2 cup sprouts.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 389 (12% from fat); FAT 5.4g (sat 1.9g, mono 1.9g, poly 0.4g); PROTEIN 28g; CARB 55.4g; FIBER 1.5g; CHOL 90mg; IRON 4mg; SODIUM 742mg; CALC 54mg